Archived webinar featured on February 26, 2019
Employment is a central component to the integration and inclusion of a new immigrant to a community; the same is true for refugees. While the benefits of employment are readily reported, more and more the benefits to the businesses are emerging. Understanding that businesses have a significant role to play in refugee integration, but more significantly, that their efforts can impact their business bottom line, is an important message to share.
Watch this webinar to hear from a leading expert in the economic case for refugee labour market integration, and an employer that has created a program to specifically target immigrant and refugee recruitment, and has realized the benefit in its workplace.
In this webinar you will:
- Learn how integrating refugees into the workforce benefits our economy
- Understand the key role businesses play in integrating refugees into their new community
- Hear important strategies your communities can implement to engage businesses and support refugee integration
- The Business Case for Investing in Refugee Talent: Webinar slides (PDF)
- BDC Internships: Breaking Down the Barriers to Refugee Employment
- Jumpstart – Refugee Talent
- Expert presenter: Mustafa Alio, Co-founder/Development Director, Jumpstart – Refugee Talent
- Industry presenter: Human Resources Representative, Business Development Bank of Canada
- Moderator: Devon Franklin, Project Manager, Hire Immigrants
In collaboration with Cities of Migration, the Immigrant Futures project presents a 3-part webinar series to bring to life the recently released report, Investing in Refugee Talent: Lessons Learned in Labour Market Integration. Read the report, and tune in with questions for the industry leaders who can help you realize the benefit of integrating refugee talent into your workplace, and your community.