Archived webinar featured on April 20, 2017
Are you a business-owner interested in doing business with large corporations, like RBC Royal Bank of Canada, Sodexo Canada or TransCanada PipeLines Limited? This webinar will open up your thinking to the big business opportunity supplier diversity provides.
Supplier diversity levels the playing field for businesses that typically encounter barriers that challenge their start-up and sustainability, such as access to capital and networking opportunities. Certifying as a diverse supplier puts you in a position of opportunity to bid on contracts that you may not otherwise have access to.
In this webinar, Stephanie Fontaine, the VP Business Development at WBE Canada, one of the four organizations that certify diverse-owned businesses in Canada, will moderate a discussion between the two central players in supplier diversity programs: a corporation and a diverse-business owner. Kiruba Sankar, Director of Procurement for IT Professional Services at RBC Royal Bank of Canada, will speak more about corporate supplier diversity programs, and the benefits of becoming a diverse supplier. Aneela Zaib, CEO & Founder of emergiTEL, will provide an overview of her process in becoming a diverse supplier, and the opportunities she’s realized as a result.
In this webinar you will learn about:
- Corporate supplier diversity programs
- Benefits of becoming a diverse supplier
- Certification process for diverse suppliers
- Webinar Slides (PDF)
- Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC)
- Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business(CCAB)
- Canadian Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- Women Business Enterprise (WBE Canada)
- Supplier Diversity at RBC – learn more about the program at RBC and the company’s commitment to supplier diversity
- Supplier Information Form – a business opportunity to tell RBC more about your company and its offerings
- Kiruba Sankar, Director, Procurement IT Professional Services, RBC
- Aneela Zaib, CEO & Founder, emergiTEL
- Stephanie Fontaine, VP Business Development, WBE Canada